Please find below details of the survey instructions and recording forms which can be printed and taken into the field.
Essential survey downloads
- Quick start guide – survey Instructions and use of the detector (PDF)
- Field recording sheet / equipment checklist (PDF)
- Troubleshooting guide (PDF)
- Letter of Introduction (PDF)
- British Wildlife paper (PDF)
- Acoustic identification of bats – recommended reading (PDF)
- Bat Conservation: global evidence for the effects of interventions (PDF)
- Distribution maps for Bush-crickets produced from Norfolk Bat Survey data (PDF)
Useful web links
- BBC Weather Forecast
- Find 10 figure OS grid reference for your survey points – substitute TL8585 in the web link with the grid reference for your square. IMPORTANTLY – you will need to click twice on this link to get to this web page.